The O’Brien/Sullivan Funeral Home was founded in 1898 on the principles of trust, value, integrity and service. We provide a dignified environment to celebrate life according to the traditions of every family we serve. The O’Brien family strives to meet your needs while providing a pleasant atmosphere amidst comfortable surroundings. We will continue the traditions of caring, compassion, and concern started by the Sullivan Family.
- Helps confirm the reality and finality of death.
- Provides a climate for mourning and the expression of grief.
- Allows the sorrows of one to become the sorrows of many.
- Is one of the few times love is given and not expected in return.
- Is a vehicle for the community to pay its respects.
- Encourages the affirmation of religious faith.
- Is a declaration that a life has been lived, as well as a sociological statement that a death has occurred.
From “The Funeral from Ancient Egypt to Present Day America”